Skip to main content

Posts

Featured

It's #SecondHandSeptember ! How I buy my clothes almost exclusively second hand

I've been planning a post about shopping second hand for absolutely ages but you know what I'm like - why write 200 words when you could write 2000? So here I am just managing to squeeze this into the end of #SecondHandSeptember. The main reason I've been wanting to write about buying second hand clothes for so long because these days, I buy probably 90% of my clothes second hand (and try to buy the other 10% from independent shops as much as I can!), but I didn't really get into second hand shopping until #SecondHandSeptember in 2019. If you haven't heard of # SecondHandSeptember , it's a challenge from Oxfam to buy only second hand clothing in the month of September - exactly what it says on the tin. And o ne of the biggest challenges of #SecondHandSeptember is that September is traditionally the time we all start thinking about our winter wardrobe - a new coat or boots or knitwear, so it's the perfect time to challenge yourself to buying second hand. Befo

Latest posts

August Life Lately

Reflections on summer

July Life Lately

June Life Lately